HomeOur Firm
J. Michael Price II
Aggressive - Experienced - Trusted
Dallas criminal lawyer J. Michael Price II and his criminal defense support team have successfully defended a vast assortment of criminal matters, including drunk driving, possession of drugs and other controlled substances, narcotics sales, theft, white collar fraud, conspiracy, computer crimes and sex offenses. READ MORE
ContactMaps & Directions
(214) 765-8000

Can You Remove a DWI from Your Record in Texas?

Yes! New Texas law may allow you to get your DWI removed.

Texas legislators recently passed a law that will allow first time DWI offenders to have the offense removed from their record—permanently! This is whether you received a jail sentence or probation for the DWI as long as certain other conditions are met. The idea behind the law is that people deserve a second chance. A DWI conviction on your record jeopardizes your chances at securing gainful employment and adequate housing. This is wrong and Texas lawmakers have finally recognized this.

If you have a DWI offense on your record, you may be eligible to have it removed. Contact Attorney J. Michael Price II immediately. With an unwavering focus on achieving the best results for his clients, Mike is here to help you get your record clear.

How do I get a DWI removed from my record?

The new “second chance” law in Texas means that thousands of individuals may be eligible to have their first DWI removed from their record if certain conditions are met. Effective September 1, 2017, the law is retroactive and will apply to a DWI offense committed on, after, or prior to the effective date.

To be eligible for DWI removal, certain conditions must be met, such as:

  • The DWI must have been your first and only arrest/offense. Traffic offenses that were punishable by only a fine, do not count against you;
  • You must have completed any required probation and community service or jail time and paid any outstanding fines and restitution; and
  • There is also a waiting period before you can get the offense removed. 2 years after you have completed probation, if you have completed 6 months of successful ignition interlock device use, or five years after completing the sentence you received if you did not have an interlock on your vehicle you may apply for a court order of nondisclosure.   The waiting period is 3 years for any straight jail sentence/conviction.

You must file a petition for the nondisclosure and the judge must enter an “Order of Non-Disclosure.” Once this order is granted, your DWI will be removed from your record. It also allows you to public deny ever having been arrested, charged, or placed on probation for your DWI offense.

Get your DWI permanently removed from your public record! Contact Criminal Defense Attorney J. Michael Price II today to see if you are eligible.

Texas law has changed and with this change brings an amazing opportunity for thousands of Texans that have first offense DWI’s.   Don’t miss this opportunity to change your life. As a Board Certified Criminal Law specialist by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization, Attorney J. Michael Price II has to the skill level and legal knowledge to determine whether you can benefit from the new law and get your DWI removed from your record. Contact Mike today to schedule your free case evaluation.