Dallas Child Pornography Defense Attorney
Have you been arrested for the alleged possession or distribution of child pornography? Child pornography is viewed as the sexual exploitation of a child and can have harsher punishment than even contact offense sex crimes. If you are convicted or even receive probation for child pornography charges, you will be registered as a sex offender.
If you live or work in the Dallas and Collin County area and are looking for a criminal defense attorney who will fight to protect your interests, you have come to the right place. Some lawyers shy away from handling sex offense cases and specifically child pornography cases due to the nature of these offenses. I don’t. I believe in upholding my clients’ rights to the fullest extent as I challenge any type of sex offense allegations or charges, no matter what they may be involving. I have more than 23 years of experience in the field of criminal defense and have devoted my practice to this specialty field of criminal defense. There are very few lawyers in North Texas that have taken these types of cases to trial—I have. Whether you are facing child pornography charges in state or federal court, I can provide you with the knowledgeable and aggressive counsel you need.
The consequences of child pornography charges are varied and are usually extremely severe. A defendant may lose his or her job and may face ruined personal and professional relationships, not to mention social ostracism just from the initial arrest and charge. If convicted, a defendant may face imprisonment and fines. A defendant may face sentencing for multiple counts of child pornography possession at once, one for each picture, video or other material allegedly found in his or her possession. This means that the criminal penalties can quickly add up. If a defendant is charged in federal court, the penalties are even more severe.
Child Pornography Defense – What Child Pornography Charges in Texas Entail:
Someone can get arrested for child pornography if he / she possessed, advertised, distributed or developed child pornography or if he / she employed minors to participate in child pornography acts. All that a prosecutor has to prove is that you knowingly possessed an image of child pornography and that you knew that the persons involved were under 18. Even sexting a naked picture of a minor can get you into a lot of trouble in Texas. I have represented many teenagers that have been prosecuted for possession of child pornography and they were only in possession of naked pictures of their girlfriends that were ‘sexted’ to them.
What Can I do to Defend Myself?
If you have been charged with child pornography- are there any defenses available for you? Yes- there are many that can be used to fight for your freedom and uphold your innocence. I can look over the details of your case in order to determine which of the following defenses might be the best to use in your situation:
- Illegal search and seizure — Were the materials being used as evidence against you obtained unlawfully?
- Entrapment — Did somebody (such as an undercover officer) encourage you to talk about or buy child porn when you never had done anything like this before?
- Innocence — Did inappropriate spam or pop-ups get you in trouble? Did you type in the wrong web address accidentally?
- The content isn’t applicable — Some photos that law enforcement has tried to define as child pornography are actually not underage actors or don’t fit the definition of ‘pornography’.
- Age — Are the people depicted in the materials under 18? Did you know that the individuals depicted were under 18?
- False accusation — Were you framed? Does somebody have something against you and that is why he / she is leveling these charges at you?
- Psychological addiction — Do you have a psychological addiction to the materials and are remorseful about this? You might be able to receive counseling instead of a prison sentence.
Let the Criminal Law Office of J. Michael Price II aggressively defend you against these charges!
Facing off against state or federal prosecutors who are trying to put you behind bars for child pornography possession or distribution may be a difficult matter, but with the right resources and an aggressive approach your attorney may be able to help you reach a positive case outcome. Find out how I can thoroughly investigate your charges from every possible angle to build a compelling defense on your behalf. Contact J. Michael Price II today if you are looking for someone to aggressively fight your charges!